Question: Can there be a gas laser powered by an electric discharge in which the lasing medium is an short-lived dimeric or heterodimeric molecule formed from two species, at least one of which is in an electronic excited state?

1. Hello mani619,

An interesting quesiton, and is something I know nothing about. My apologies! Id di find an interesting website about it but no idea how accurate it is: http://www.aboutlasers.net/

0

2. Hi mani619,

I’m sorry, but this is way out of my field of expertise. Perhaps Jamie has some background knowledge to help you.

Good luck.

Mark

0

3. Hi Mani619

I have no idea, where have you been getting your questions from? This is way out of my area of expertise I’m afraid. I hope someone can answer your question though 🙂

0

4. Hi Mani – thats quite a technical question ! Out of my area of expertise I’m afraid ..

0

5. Hi Mani619 – Maybe you could ask your physics teacher , they should know about lasers

0

1. No because he never likes anwsering my questions, he thinks that they’re irrelavant, well guess what I’ve made my mind and I wont be taking Triple Science anymore, Happy now?!

0

• That’s a shame mani619.

If you continue your studies, you will be encourgaed to find the answer out yourself rather than asking us poor scientists. You sound very bright and it would be a shame if you didnt do science, but that is up to you. Good luck!

0